Marketwake is growing and looking for a highly skilled, creative, and strategic marketing leader to be our next Social Media Manager. Your role will require you to work directly with clients and the Marketwake team to build social strategies, deliver on tactics, build communities and following and help generate leads/sales. Our expectation is that you will prioritize responsibilities, execute efficiently and consistently communicate needs and expectations to both the team and clients as needed.
This role requires a passion for connecting with current and future customers. We expect you engage with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers. You will be the voice of the brand, so community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to your role. We expect you to find, create and develop highly relevant, authentic content that can be used to connect with our client’s audiences.
- BA/BS/MS degree in marketing, communications, or other related field
- 2-4 years of digital marketing experience
- Experience with leading a marketing team and building successful marketing campaigns
- Experience working with and managing external vendor/partner relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starting and highly proactive
- Comfortable learning new software with quick grasp of technical concepts
- Problem solver
- Ability to clearly define and delegate tactics to a team and set accurate expectations with internal and external stakeholders
What does this look like?
We want someone that is extremely smart, very positive, an excellent problem solver and most importantly, someone that gets the vision and is ok to hustle to bring it to life. Here’s what that means:
- You will be responsible for setting the social strategy for Marketwake clients and will work directly with our Account Managers to build campaigns that generate leads and awareness
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with third parties/vendors, clients and staff
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
- Work with Account Managers to brainstorm strategies and understand each client’s brand and convey relevant findings, trends or opportunities for a unified strategy
- Identify new audiences or personas – convey to AM team
- Work with Reporting Team to understand results, leverage UTM tracking codes and gauge effectiveness of each channel
- Create dedicated strategies, voices, personalities and content that builds engaged communities for each client
- Find relevant accounts and build a community to engage with
- Assist with analytics – what’s working, what’s not working, testing different ideas
- Help monitor new ways to boost engagement, following, conversions, etc. – what are the latest capabilities with these platforms, what are other companies doing that’s working well, etc.
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content
- Manage internal and external social accounts
- Create a regular publishing schedule, editorial calendar and process
- Leverage the right tools to manage your content and create recommendations for improving our existing social media processes
- Assist with outreach, backlinking, blog topics and general content creation to help facilitate a stronger social presence
- Be the expert in social, new trends and opportunities
- And most importantly – you must be a self starter and willing to learn new skills to achieve the best results for our company and our clients
We offer Full Benefits and are located in Armour Yards (walking distance to SweetWater Brewery, ASW Distillery, and East Pole Coffee). We believe in the power of ideas and exist to help people and businesses unlock their potential to create lasting change in the world AND We are looking for the smartest people to help us accomplish the task. We love what we do and really enjoy each other – if this sounds like the role and environment for you – we would love to hear from you.